WELCOME TO FOLIOTEC
KH Foliotec is a company within the KH group of companies which comprises five production locations on three continents and about 1700 employees. The emphasis of production is on sophisticated technical components with high-end surfaces which are realized using numerous innovative processes.
FOIL IN FORM – FOR MAXIMUM FREEDOM IN DECORATION
Color play, metal look or precise symbols: In-mold labelling (IML) makes use of the variety available in printing technology and transfers it to plastic. Structured or high-gloss foil surfaces create accents. The decoration can be changed quickly and easily.
- Decoration of 2D and 3D geometries
- Several foils per component possible
- Processing of effect foils
- Foils with conducting-paths layout
- Scratch resistant surfaces
- Fully-automatic production
- Complete process from one source
- Combination with IMD
- Size: max. 400 x 160 mm, 360 x 245 mm resp.
- Thickness: up to 0,75 mm, aluminum up to 0,4 mm
- Material: polycarbonate or aluminum
- Surface: UV-stable, detergent resistant, on request hardened and thereby scratch-resistant
The forming of printed foils takes place on various semi- and fully-automatic forming lines. Form heights for polycarbonate foils of up to 25 mm and for aluminum of up to 8 mm are possible.
The surplus elements of the molded foil are separated from the design components by means of stamping or lasing.
During 1C and 2C injection molding, foil and plastic combine to form a high-quality, decorated technical part. Handling robots automatically feed the injection molding machine with foil and then remove the completed components.
Depending on the number of parts and the assignment, various components are assembled into assembly units. In this area we are also able to work together with our subsidiary, KH Czechia.
- Integrated electronics in 3D molded plastic components
- Conductor-paths printing
- Sandwich injection-molding process
1000-Ton machine approaching
The tools are getting bigger and bigger - and the machines follow in their wake. For the first time, the KH tool shop manufactured a mold of over 5 tons in weight for a foil-decorated Alfa panel, and at KH Unikun in Suzhou / China, the biggest tool manufactured to date weighed in at 7,8 tons. It's no...
FACTS AND NUMBERS
- Established in 2000
- 250 Employees, 1700 employees within the KH Group worldwide
- Certified according to TS 16949, DIN ISO 50001
- SPE-Award in 2014
- "Bayerns Best 50" in 2011